Every year during the holiday season, the members of Women & Hi Tech get together to celebrate our accomplishments and raise money in support of a great cause. This year is no different!
Please join us for our annual members-only Holiday Networking Event to celebrate our collective accomplishments for 2023, kick off our 25th Anniversary festivities, and raise money for the Dayspring Center. As we kick off the year-long celebration of our Silver Jubilee, we invite attendees to wear silver attire!
5:30-6:15 pm: Registration, gift drop-off, grab a drink and mingle.
6:15-7:00 pm: Guests make their way into the showroom for food, program seating, and STEM Circle networking.
7:00-8:00 pm: Donation presentation and volunteer recognitions, including Volunteer of the Year.
8:00-9:30 pm: Open bar and networking.
Join us for networking with intent as we launch our STEM Circles! These are small groups intended to help you connect with fellow members who share your professional background and interests. We invite you to select one or more STEM Circles that interest you with your registration. The options include:
- Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering/ Drug and Food development
- STEM Product Sales
- IT/Networking/Coding/ Software or Hardware Engineering
- Privacy and Intellectual Property (including patents)
- STEM Product Marketing
- Mechanical/ Civil/ Structural Engineering
- Environmental Issues
- STEM Policy Advocacy
- STEM Education
- STEM Diversity and Equity
In addition, we again invite you to participate in our members’ gift exchange. To participate, purchase and wrap or bag a $15-$20 gift. Do not put your name on the outside of the package but be sure to include a business card on the inside. Drop your gift at the registration table when you arrive at the party and secure a gift selection ticket number. During the event, you will select a gift at a designated time based on your number. Open your gift right away. Look for the business card inside, then find and introduce yourself to your gifter.
This year we will continue our winter tradition of supporting the Dayspring Center. Interested members and non-members may purchase a donation ticket to make a $20 donation to this organization without attending the event.
Finally, we will have a special recognition of our phenomenal volunteers and announce the Volunteer of the Year Award Recipient. When you register, be sure to list a person you feel deserves special recognition for their volunteer efforts for Women & Hi Tech in 2023.
About Dayspring Center:
Dayspring Center provides emergency shelter, clothing, and three nourishing meals a day for homeless families with children in central Indiana. Families turn to us as a last resort; some to escape domestic abuse, others have experienced financial collapse, medical problems, or other crises that caused them to lose their home.
Dayspring effectively works to combat and prevent family homelessness by first, meeting their most immediate needs for food and shelter, then working with each family to address the issues that led them to their homelessness.When it comes to homelessness, results are what matter most. 70% of residents who complete the program at Dayspring Center move directly into permanent housing.
- Paid event registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- By registering for this event, you acknowledge that you may be photographed, videotaped, and audio-taped during the course of this event and hereby give permission for your image, and voice to be used in education, training, promotion, advertisement, or trade and communications media by Women & Hi Tech in any and all media outlets.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event you are unable to attend, please send a "Notice of Absence" email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the event to receive a full refund. Within 72 hours of the event you may transfer your registration to another member. If this is necessary and you need help identifying another member, please reach out to email@example.com. We often have people waitlisted for events and appreciate your professionalism in communicating your absence to us with enough time to allow others to attend.